Tuesday 17 July 2012

Chocolate Thins


Chocolate Thins are one of my favourite things at the moment. I think baby likes them! Well that's my excuse for eating so many of them at the moment! Anyway, little F likes them too and I would far rather give him a home made biscuit for his afternoon snack than something out of a packet. They're so easy and quick to make you can be eating a warm one within 20 minutes of having the thought that you fancy one. I think this recipe originally came from a Sainsbury's book my Mum has and I copied it into my little notebook of favourite recipes years ago. For that reason the ingredients are in imperial but hopefully you've got scales like mine that have both imperial and metric. Otherwise you can always use a weight conversion chart. 

4oz Self Raising Flour
4oz Butter or Marg(soft)
2oz Castor Sugar
1oz Cocoa Powder

Cream together the butter and sugar. I find it works best if the butter or marg is fairly soft. Sift in the flour and cocoa and mix well. The mixture can seem quite dry and you've really got to work at it to get it coming together. This works best if your margarine or butter was nice and soft. My mixture today was really nice and soft but sometimes it seems quite dry and crumbly. Form it into balls about the size of a walnut(or bigger if you're greedy like me and want really big biscuits!) Place on a baking tray and gently press down with a fork so you get pretty lines across the biscuits. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes at 190 degrees C. I have a fan oven and find that 170 is a better temperature and they need about 13 minutes. Keep checking them though as you don't want them to catch and burn.

These biscuits are delicious straight from the oven when they are soft and yummy. As they cool they become crisper which is equally delicious. I find that they will keep very well in an airtight container but if you're anything like me they won't last very long!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


5 comments:

the linen cloud said...

Oh these look delicious - must make with the littles tomorrow!
Bee x

The mum of all trades said...

I love the look of these, such a handy little recipe.

magie said...

Those look far to good..Yummy! I will have to give these a go for sure..thanks for sharing the recipes :)
Magie x

Attic24 said...

Hi Fiona
Just bobbing by to say Helllooooo! Been a while since I was in touch, so belated congrats on bubba number 2 on way, yipppeeee!
Your blog is as lovely as ever, so glad your house is beginning to take shape and I look forward to seeing it progress.
Sending lots of love
Lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tina said...

Hi Fiona,
These biscuits look delicious. I will be saving the recipe to make with Joey during these school holidays. :)
Thank you for sharing it with us. xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin