Saturday 29 August 2009

In Print!



We're just back from a lovely week in Dorset but holiday photos will have to wait for a few days as I have something more exciting to share with you today. We've just been out to pick up a copy of Period Living magazine as one of my egg cosies is featured within it's pages!




A few months ago I started selling a small selection of my items on a website called 'notmassproduced.com' and some weeks ago the lady who runs the site rang me to say that Period Living had seen my 'I love eggs' egg cosy and wanted to feature it in the magazine and could I send a good quality photo. So I took the best photo I could, sent it off and kept my fingers crossed. I've kept checking for the October issue not really knowing for sure if the cosy would be in until yesterday when we popped into a newsagent for some chocolate before leaving Dorset and there it was. I started to leaf through the pages with baited breath and there it was. Not only featured, but right in the middle of the page and probably the most eye catching item as everything else on the page is blue so the flash of read embroidery really stands out.



Oh I can't even begin to describe to you how pleased I am about this. I've been selling odd bits and bobs every month though the various sites I'm on, but not as much as I would like. I'm not in a position to advertise what I do at the moment as finances wouldn't allow it, so blogging and twittering is the only way I have of letting people know what I'm selling. So to be featured in such a lovely magazine as Period Living, is, I hope, a little bit of advertising, and I total confidence booster. As you will know, I'm desperately searching for a job at the moment, but I would dearly love to make my living by selling my creations instead. Obviously I'm under no illusion that I'm suddenly going to get a deluge of orders from this feature and be able to stop my job search, but you never know, it might just bring me the odd new customer and it certainly gives me the boost to keep at it. With Simon back to School next week and that new start feeling in the air I always get at this time of year, I feel the need to re-organise my work space this week and get cracking on some new stock.

Back again after the weekend with pretty pictures of Dorset. Have a lovely weekend. x

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I do hope this is the start of lots and lots of orders for your lovely creations! P x

Renaissance Grace said...

CONGRATS,
Renaissance was in Country Life a couple of months ago.I pulled into Fleet services on the way to my alter ego job at Brympton Towers spotted Country Life and felt my knees buckle as I turned the page and there I was heady stuff -should be banned good on you
Susan

Anonymous said...

How very exciting! It is time that you had some good news ~ may this be the start of a new phase in your creative life.

Marie x

Sue said...

I'd make sure you have some ready for all the orders that are likely to flood in, they're gorgeous.


Well done you.

Sue xx

Tracy said...

Very exciting news on the feature, Fiona! Hope this leads to more sales, success and fun! Thanks for stopping by to visit--lovely to see you! And so glad you'll be blogging still! :o)

Vintage to Victorian said...

So pleased for you Fiona.Fingers crossed that the orders come flooding in. Good luck!

Sue x

Ragged Roses said...

Oh how exciting for you. I'm thrilled. It's wonderful news and a really lovely egg cosy. What a great way to end your holidays!!! What part of Dorset were you in?
Kmx

Tina said...

Hi dear Fiona, I'm so happy for you!! Hope this feature makes your sales go up and up!!!! Congratulations, girl!! xxxx

Beata said...

That's absolutely amazing Fiona!...the cosy is adorable, by the way...

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Hi Fiona!

Thank you so very much for leaving me a footprint!! I really thought you were gone, you know. I sent you a couples of e-mail during your time off, but I never heard enything. So I thought you started a new life, without blogging. I hope life is good with your man!

What an Exciting news, your egg cosies featured in Period Living magazine!! Congratulation!! Wow, I would have jumped out of the roof :)) I really think you deserve this Fiona, Your work is something special, colourful and original. I hope you will get lots and lots of orders now!! And also that you can make this a fulltime living. I am doing it myself this year, trying to live from it. It is not easy, and I could not have done it without my boyfriend. But maybe my products one day also will be featured in a magazie :)

Oh I wish you all the best, take good care and good luck!

Varm greeting, Aina

Bobo Bun said...

You've every right to want to shout it from the rooftops. Congratulations. I'll bet people will look you up more as it is eye catching and gorgeous.

Lisa x

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Hi!
What lovely news about your gorgeous egg cosies!
Thanks for becoming a "friend" I was just looking at my blog when I hit the 40 mark for "followers" I am really pleased to meet you. Your blog is lovely, I am going to have a nice read of your posts. Looking forward to comparing Dorset notes!
Sarah x

Tina said...

Hi Fiona!
Just read at MelMel's comments that it is your birthday today! I do hope you have a wonderful day and wish you tons of happiness. :)
Love,x

carolyn said...

Congratulations Fiona - I was leafing thrugh the mag in the supermarket and as soon as I saw that egg cosy I thought it looked very you, and low and behold it was yours. Well done, let's hope things now go from strength to strength.

Mrs Gibson said...

Oh well done!Such a lovely item. I shall buy it next time I am at the supermarket.....I have just had a month in Woman & Home, it has been fab!

Emma Herian said...

Well done Fiona! It looks fantastic and well deserved. Go and have a scream anddance around the house on me, thats what I would do.
Hope you are well and life is good.
Take care and congrats again!
Emx

Annie said...

The egg cosy is lovely, I spotted it in my copy of the magazine.I am sure it will bring you loads of new orders.
Ann x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin