Monday 1 July 2013

52 Weeks of Happy (6/52)





I'm being a very bad blogger just lately. Even deciding to join in with '52 Weeks of Happy' doesn't seem to be helping as I seem to have skipped a week. Naughty!

At the moment my happiness is all about spending time with my boys and my garden. I inspect it every morning and evening (not to mention numerous times inbetween!) to see how things are doing. So here are this weeks picture descriptions - 

:: Pretty clouds in a gorgeous blue sky 

:: My hostas and alchemilla  - don't look too closely  as the slugs and snails are having a feast most nights.

:: More blue sky, this time viewed while lying with my little munchkin in the half tent. 

:: one of my four new David Austin roses. My in-laws bought us four bare-rooted David Austins for Christmas last year. They arrived in November about a week before I gave birth to Little H so my poor Mum and Dad braved the cold and wet to plant them for us. They're all doing wonderfully and this is one of the first blooms. It's Princess Alexandra of Kent and looks and smells gorgeous. 

One of the main reasons for being such a bad blogger is that I'm finding my Facebook page to be so much easier to write on on a regular basis. It's quicker for me to post a quick picture or a few thoughts and I tend to do this at least once or twice a day whereas the thought of sitting down to write a blog post is more tricky with so much other stuff going on. I'll always be here at least once a week though.

I'll be drawing the winner of my little giveaway later on so I'll post the winner tomorrow. 
Have a lovely Monday. 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6 comments:

The Faerie Factory said...

Lovely pictures, blogging is so time intensive sometimes I too find facebook easier for a quick picture and comment. There just aren't enough hours in the day ~ Sarah x

mrsrobinson said...

Lovely, sunny photographs! I decided at the start to blog when I wanted to, and not to aim for a certain amount of posts a week. It's gentle approach means you are no bad blogger!

Ladybird Diaries said...

What pretty photos! I agree, blogging s fab but it does take up a lot of time...
M x

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Just a perfect rose! :) x

Gillian Roe said...

Agreed - blogging is time intensive, but worth it I think. I like instagram for quick posts and updates. I love your happies - blue sky and roses will always make me happy too. x

Anonymous said...

I agree too about blogging being so time consuming. Sometimes i'll cheat and write a couple of posts at a time even though I may not publish one for another week or so. I remember another blogger mentioning that she often did it.
Lovely photos, I bet your garden smells wonderful.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin